Thursday, January 8, 2009

I don't know what to say...

Why the hell would John Smoltz leave the Braves? Just a few years ago he said that he wanted to retire a Brave and now this, wtf!?!?! And over money!?!?! I know that the Braves have not done all they can to keep him but come on Smoltz, be a man and take less money to help the team, your career is almost over anyway. Do you really need the money that bad? I doubt you will even pitch in 10 games this year and if so your ERA will probably be sky-high. I know that a lot of the talk on the internet is blaming the Braves for this and yes, I will lay most of the blame on them but Smoltz deserves some of it too. What happened to team loyalty? I know, I know, it is a business and there is no loyalty in business, but you take someone that has been with the same team his entire 21 year career and you think that he may know the meaning of the word but I guess not. I hope something changes and the Braves can resign him but if not, see ya Smoltzy and we will be happy to resign you to an honorary contract to announce your retirement, next year! Hopefully the Braves can sign Derek Lowe, who they are meeting with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment